The Print Production Manager organizes, controls and monitors the flow of printed and converted materials in our Louisville, KY manufacturing facility. They check schedules, confirm product specifications, arrange adjustments, oversee the work of staﬀ in the facility, monitor the quality of the product and ensure deadlines are met. Work as part of a team that includes sales representatives, graphic designers, prepress and customer service. Liaising with these professionals, it is their responsibility to coordinate the process of printing according to company requirements.
- Responsible for creating a safe working environment, including OSHA requirements and manage environmental health and safety standards.
- Recommending eﬃcient, time-saving project production flows.
- Identifying and selecting appropriate options for printing, converting and fulfillment processes.
- Recommending the best equipment for the specific project.
- Selecting and negotiating with vendors to agree on best price, quality, and due date.
- Sending requests for estimates to printers and follow up.
- Communicating the designer’s requirements to vendors.
- Creating and managing print production schedules.
- Examining finished samples and approving quality before delivery to client.
- Reviewing, negotiating, and approving final invoices for payment.
Skills and qualities
- A passion for the craft of printing.
- Ability to think on your feet and to troubleshoot and solve problems at short notice.
- Ability to anticipate pitfalls and steer projects around them.
- Ability to manage and implement change.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently.
- The salary for this position ranges from $65k-$75k per year, with bonuses up to an additional $10k per year, depending upon experience, qualifications and abilities.
- Up to $250 per month reimbursement for your healthcare premium.
- 10 days PTO + 9 public holidays